Patrick is frequently instructed in claims arising from damage to property. He has extensive experience of claims where damage has been caused by floods, fires, storms and trees. Patrick is adept with dealing with the technicalities of expert evidence as well complex questions of causation that often arise in such disputes. Many of his cases involve issues of business interruption. He is comfortable advising on related issues of insurance policy coverage.
- Acting (with Ben Quiney QC) in a £multimillion claim arising from fire damage caused by defective insulation in new build homes.
- Acting for a photovoltaic panel manufacturer in a £5m TCC claim arising from a fire at a residential housing development.
- Advising in a £1m claim arising from a fire caused by the negligence of a subcontractor at the premises of a major national bank that raised complex points of joint insurance.
- Acting for a major national television broadcaster in a claim for loss of advertising revenue suffered when transmission was interrupted by an electrical fire.
- Acting in a claim in which substantial damage was caused to high value premises by reason of defective plumbing.
- Advising in a number of claims concerning subsidence caused by tree root damage.
- Acting for a restaurateur who suffered substantial loss from business interruption as a result of flooding caused by negligent contractors.
- Instructed on behalf of an insurer seeking an injunction to carry out urgent works to mitigate structural damage caused by flooding.
- Acting in a claim for damage to a residential property caused by falling trees.
- Andrew Rigney QC and Patrick Maxwell successful in TCC claim for declaration
- Chambers welcome new members Robert O’Leary and Patrick Maxwell
- BA Hons (First Class), University of Oxford
- GDL, City University
- BPTC, City University
- David Karmel Award, Grays Inn
- Holt Scholarship, Grays Inn
- Academic Scholarships, Lady Margaret Hall, University of Oxford