Patrick is frequently instructed in claims arising from damage to property. He has experience of claims where damage has been caused by floods, fires, storms and trees. Patrick is adept with dealing with the technicalities of expert evidence as well complex questions of causation that often arise in such disputes.
- Advising in a £1m claim arising from a fire caused by the negligence of a subcontractor.
- Acting in a claim in which substantial damage was caused to high value premises by reason of defective plumbing.
- Advising in a number of claims concerning subsidence caused by tree root damage.
- Acting for a restaurateur who suffered substantial loss from business interruption as a result of a flood caused by negligent contractors.
- Instructed on behalf an insurer seeking an injunction to carry out urgent works to mitigate structural damage caused by flooding.
- Advising in a claim for contribution arising out of damage caused by defective construction machinery. The case turned on the interpretation of the Construction Plant-hire Model Conditions for the Hiring of Plant.
- Acting in a claim for damage to a residential property caused by falling trees.
- Andrew Rigney QC and Patrick Maxwell successful in TCC claim for declaration
- Chambers welcome new members Robert O’Leary and Patrick Maxwell
- BA Hons (First Class), University of Oxford
- GDL, City University
- BPTC, City University
- David Karmel Award, Grays Inn
- Holt Scholarship, Grays Inn
- Academic Scholarships, Lady Margaret Hall, University of Oxford