Patrick is instructed in professional negligence matters involving a wide range of professionals. His experience across a variety of legal disciplines is invaluable in this area. In particular, Patricks experience of property litigation is often put to use claims concerning mortgage brokers, managing agents, conveyancers and solicitors.
- Acting for the claimants in a dispute concerning the negligent provision of accountancy services and tax advice which also involves allegations of breach of contract, fraudulent misrepresentations, bribery and breach of fiduciary duty (with Roger ter Haar QC).
- Acting for the defendant firm in a case concerning the adequacy of pre-conveyance surveys and advice. The claim was discontinued following the CCMC. (With Daniel Shapiro).
- Advising in a case concerning the allegedly negligent construction and/or design of a residential property’s foundations.
- Advising in a case concerning the negligent conveyance of a residential property involving the failure of the vendor to discharge a mortgage.
- Acting for the defendant accountancy firm in a claim concerning the allegedly negligent provision of advice in respect of a share-buy-back agreement.
- Acting for the defendant solicitors firm in response to allegations that a personal injury claim was settled under value.
- Acting for the claimant in a dispute arising where the defendant firm failed adequately to identify the property subject to a conveyance leading to extensive litigation with the proprietors of a neighboring property.
- Advising in a claim arising from solicitors allegedly negligent instruction of a surveyor to proceed with an expert determination.
- Andrew Rigney QC and Patrick Maxwell successful in TCC claim for declaration
- Chambers welcome new members Robert O’Leary and Patrick Maxwell
- BA Hons (First Class), University of Oxford
- GDL, City University
- BPTC, City University
- David Karmel Award, Grays Inn
- Holt Scholarship, Grays Inn
- Academic Scholarships, Lady Margaret Hall, University of Oxford