Patrick has substantial experience of personal injury litigation having acted for both claimant and defendants in the wide variety of claims. He frequently appears in trials and has experience of inquests.
Patrick has successfully acted in many claims arising out of employers liability, public liability, highways accidents and road traffic accidents. He is frequently instructed to defend industrial disease claims. Patrick also has particular expertise in claims brought against prisons and security professionals and the related human rights issues that these cases often involve.
- Successfully defending numerous claims brought by prisoners seeking damages for injuries sustained at prison as a consequence of assaults, slips and trips and accidents at work.
- Acting in claims concerning the negligent provision of care in residential facilities. Also instructed in related inquests.
- Acting for the claimant in c.£500k claim in which the claimant developed chronic pain following an accident at work.
- Acting for numerous claimants in a proposed High Court claim where serious injuries were suffered at a public sporting event.
- Advising on and succeeding at trial in various claims concerning industrial deafness.
- Acting for the defendant prison operator in a claim brought by a prison officer who was assaulted whilst transporting a violent prisoner.
- Acting in the defence of numerous fraudulent RTA claims concerning staged accidents and phantom passengers.
- Successfully defending RTA claims on the basis of LVI and other causation arguments.
- Andrew Rigney QC and Patrick Maxwell successful in TCC claim for declaration
- Chambers welcome new members Robert O’Leary and Patrick Maxwell
- BA Hons (First Class), University of Oxford
- GDL, City University
- BPTC, City University
- David Karmel Award, Grays Inn
- Holt Scholarship, Grays Inn
- Academic Scholarships, Lady Margaret Hall, University of Oxford