Patrick specialises in construction, professional negligence, insurance and commercial disputes. Much of his work is in the High Court (particularly the TCC) and he has also appeared before the Court of Appeal. Patrick is experienced in alternative dispute resolution and is regularly instructed in relation to adjudications and arbitrations.
Alongside his commercial practice, Patrick maintains a distinct interest in prison law. He represents interested parties at inquests and works on related civil and public law disputes.
Having frequently appeared in court since commencing practice, Patrick is an accomplished advocate and very effective in cross examination. He is highly regarded by instructing solicitors for the quality of his advice and drafting.View full profile »
- Andrew Rigney QC and Patrick Maxwell successful in TCC claim for declaration
- Chambers welcome new members Robert O’Leary and Patrick Maxwell
- BA Hons (First Class), University of Oxford
- GDL, City University
- BPTC, City University
- David Karmel Award, Grays Inn
- Holt Scholarship, Grays Inn
- Academic Scholarships, Lady Margaret Hall, University of Oxford