Patrick specialises in construction, professional indemnity, insurance, and commercial disputes. He appears frequently in the High Court and has also appeared before the Court of Appeal. Patrick often acts as sole counsel and is also involved in major cases as part of a counsel team. Patrick is experienced in alternative dispute resolution and is regularly instructed in relation to adjudications and arbitrations in addition to his court work.
Patrick is ranked in Chambers and Partners where he is described as combining “a truly exceptional intellect with being a user-friendly, normal person who is a pleasure to work with”. He is also rated for his excellent advocacy and clear drafting.
Further detail of Patrick’s recent and ongoing work is available below.View full profile »
- Sky & Mace v Riverstone Managing Agency & Ors  EWHC 1207 (Comm)
- Andrew Rigney QC and Patrick Maxwell successful in TCC claim for declaration
- Crown Office Office Chambers and HKA Event – ‘The cost of Covid for construction: dealing with supply chain issues’
- BA Hons (First Class), University of Oxford
- GDL, City University
- BPTC, City University
- David Karmel Award, Grays Inn
- Holt Scholarship, Grays Inn
- Academic Scholarships, Lady Margaret Hall, University of Oxford