Construction & Engineering
Patrick deals with the wide variety of claims that arise in the context of construction and engineering disputes. His work has included disputes concerning bailment, breach of contract and negligence. Alongside his court practice, Patrick is often instructed in adjudications and arbitrations.
- LB Harrow v Engie (2018) (TCC) Acting (with Andrew Rigney QC) in successful claim for a declaration as to the extent of the claimant’s obligation to take out a policy of latent defects insurance.
- Successfully defending, at 3-day trial, a claim involving multiple allegations of defective work against a contractor. Indemnity costs awarded.
- Acting (with Roger ter Haar QC) in ICC arbitration proceedings arising from a major construction project in the Middle East. Particular focus on extensions of time and liquidated damage provisions. Acting (with Andrew Rigney QC) for a number of contractors in cases arising from the negligent design and/or manufacture of prefabricated bathroom units.
- Adjudication concerning the payment mechanism of a non-standard form construction contract.
- Adjudication concerning a dispute over the proper basis of payment for variations.
- Acting for a subcontractor involved in a large construction project at a major national airport in a claim concerning various allegations of breach of contract and delay.
- Achieving the dismissal, on procedural grounds, of a claim concerning the supply of plant and machinery.
- Andrew Rigney QC and Patrick Maxwell successful in TCC claim for declaration
- Chambers welcome new members Robert O’Leary and Patrick Maxwell
- BA Hons (First Class), University of Oxford
- GDL, City University
- BPTC, City University
- David Karmel Award, Grays Inn
- Holt Scholarship, Grays Inn
- Academic Scholarships, Lady Margaret Hall, University of Oxford