Patrick provides advocacy, advice and drafting on a wide variety of commercial cases. Much of his work involves contractual disputes and he also has experience of company law, passing off and the economic torts.
- Acting in a high value claim concerning the negligent provision of tax advice to multiple parties in which there are allegations of fraudulent misrepresentation, bribery and breach of fiduciary duty (with Roger ter Haar QC).
- Pursing a successful claim for a major London restaurant franchiser against a franchisee for various breaches of contract.
- Acting in dispute arising from the supply of allegedly defective insulation boards which raised various issues concerning the incorporation of standard terms and the application of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.
- Acting for multiple claimants in claims arising for the sale of off plan properties in Cyprus. The claims involved allegations of misrepresentation and mortgage misselling alongside complex jurisdictional issues.
- A claim under the CMR concerning the theft of goods during carriage with issues of agency and estoppel.
- Acting in a claim concerning the adequacy of the design of an online engine for providing insurance quotations, which also involved arguments about the payment mechanism of the contract between the parties.
- Advising on a dispute between competing businesses concerning bribery and unlawful means conspiracy.
- Andrew Rigney QC and Patrick Maxwell successful in TCC claim for declaration
- Chambers welcome new members Robert O’Leary and Patrick Maxwell
- BA Hons (First Class), University of Oxford
- GDL, City University
- BPTC, City University
- David Karmel Award, Grays Inn
- Holt Scholarship, Grays Inn
- Academic Scholarships, Lady Margaret Hall, University of Oxford