Michele has particular experience of professional negligence actions against construction professionals, lawyers and accountants.
He edits the chapter in Emden’s Construction Law on Architects, Engineers and Surveyors.
- Roy Parker v Freeth Cartwright (2014) – Acting for the claimant in a claim against solicitors concerning the handling of a professional negligence action arising out of the unsuccessful takeover of Leicester City FC. Michele was led by Michael Curtis QC.
- Acting for employers in a claim against a structural engineer arising out of the collapse of a property following the removal of part of a load-bearing wall.
- Acting for a private company and its sole shareholder in an action against the company’s accountants and auditors concerning the negligent preparation of accounts.
- Acting for the claimant in an action against his solicitors concerning the sale of shares in an Internet company.
- Advising the claimant in an action against solicitors arising out of a failed attempt to extend the term of a lease.
- Acting for the claimant employer in a claim against building contractors and the quantity surveyor, engaged as project manager and contract administrator.
- Michele De Gregorio to speak to the Insurance Institute of London at Lloyd’s
- Ben Quiney QC and Michele De Gregorio acting in Rolls Building dispute in the TCC
- MA (Oxon)
- LLM (Distinction), King’s College London
“Superbly responsive with a terrific eye for detail.”
Legal 500 2016
“Down to earth and very good at calming down heated situations.”
Legal 500, 2017
“His knowledge of case law and its application is up to the minute.”
Legal 500 2016
“A very strong, capable and down-to-earth barrister with a pragmatic approach.”
Legal 500 2015
“Technically very good.”
Legal 500 2014