Michele has particular experience of professional negligence actions against construction professionals, lawyers and accountants.
He edits the chapter in Emden’s Construction Law on Architects, Engineers and Surveyors.
- Roy Parker v Freeth Cartwright (2014) – Acting for the claimant in a claim against solicitors concerning the handling of a professional negligence action arising out of the unsuccessful takeover of Leicester City FC. Michele was led by Michael Curtis QC.
- Acting for employers in a claim against a structural engineer arising out of the collapse of a property following the removal of part of a load-bearing wall.
- Acting for a private company and its sole shareholder in an action against the company’s accountants and auditors concerning the negligent preparation of accounts.
- Acting for the claimant in an action against his solicitors concerning the sale of shares in an Internet company.
- Advising the claimant in an action against solicitors arising out of a failed attempt to extend the term of a lease.
- Acting for the claimant employer in a claim against building contractors and the quantity surveyor, engaged as project manager and contract administrator.
- Supreme Court grants permission to appeal in Abbey Healthcare case
- Crown Office Chambers features in The Lawyer’s Top 20 Cases of this year
- Adjudication and Collateral Warranties – Court of Appeal reverses TCC decision in Abbey Healthcare (Mill Hill) Limited v Simply Construct (UK) LLP  EWCA Civ 823
- When is a Collateral Warranty a Construction Contract? – Toppan Holdings Limited and Abbey Healthcare (Mill Hill) Limited v Simply Construct (UK) LLP  EWHC 2110 (TCC)
- MA (Oxon)
- LLM (Distinction), King’s College London
“Michele is an extremely bright lawyer, he is always fully engaged on the matter, very responsive and very easy to work with, and a great ‘team player’ – a real pleasure to work with.”
Legal 500 2022, Construction
“He offers excellent advice and support.”
Chambers & Partners 2022, Property Damage
“One of my favourite juniors. He is bright, articulate and easy to engage with.”
Legal 500 2021, Insurance and reinsurance
“He’s very pragmatic, commercial and looks at the bigger picture as well as the legal points.”; “He’s very level-headed and is a team player. Lay and insurer clients also find him very approachable.”
Chambers & Partners 2021, Property Damage
“He is calm and has a fine strategic mind. He is a very impressive and powerful advocate.”
Legal 500 2021, Construction
“His attention to detail is second to none.” “He’s extremely hard-working and diligent.”
Chambers and Partners 2020, Property Damage
“He takes a pragmatic and commercial approach to dealing with claims.”
Legal 500 2020, Insurance and reinsurance
“He has a sector wide experience of construction litigation.”
Legal 500 2020, Construction
“Immensely hardworking, very bright, an excellent lawyer, and very good with clients”
Legal 500 2018, Insurance and reinsurance
“Very impressive. He knows his stuff and is a calm, persuasive advocate” and “Very user-friendly”
Chambers & Partners 2018, Property Damage
“He is bright, immensely hardworking and inspires confidence in clients.”
Legal 500 2017
“Superbly responsive with a terrific eye for detail.”
Legal 500 2016