Michael acts across a breadth of personal injury work on all three tracks including RTA, employer’s liability, occupier’s liability, stress and industrial disease matters.
Michael is familiar with procedural and interim issues that arise, including: issues of limitation and late or defective service; applications for or resisting the setting aside of default judgment; substitution of parties; costs arising out of unreasonable conduct or wasted costs; disclosure; applications to adduce further evidence; and issues concerning written questions to experts.
- Applications for summary judgment or to strike out the claim, on the basis of lack of merit or abuse of process, and those concerning various other procedural issues.
- Advising on quantum of a range of claims.
As a pupil, Michael assisted on matters including:
- Cameron v Ipswich NHS Trust  EWHC 38 (QB): a 5-day High Court trial.
- Industrial disease (including mesothelioma) claims. Assisting Matthew Boyle.
- Crown Office Chambers feature in three of The Lawyer’s Top 20 cases of 2019
- Crown Office Chambers welcomes new tenant
- BCL, University of Oxford
- BA Hons, University of Oxford
- Lord Denning Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Graduate Fund Scholarship, Oxford Law Faculty