Construction & Engineering
Michael has experience in a range of construction matters.
- Defending a multi-party claim arising from defective design and construction, involving issues of apportionment as between the project manager, builders, the steelwork fabricator, successive designers and the architect.
- Pursuing a subrogated claim relating to the design and supply of defective pipework.
- A contribution claim, following a settlement agreement, relating to construction works.
- Proceedings relating to the installation of a domestic boiler.
As a pupil, Michael assisted on matters including:
- Claims arising from the carrying out and project management of heating works, including under the Defective Premises Act 1972. Assisting Michele De Gregorio.
- Advising on the proper scope of a construction contract, as defined by sections 104- 105 of the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996. Assisting Michele De Gregorio.
- During pupillage Michael also spent a week marshalling a TCC judge under the TECBAR scheme.
- Crown Office Chambers feature in three of The Lawyer’s Top 20 cases of 2019
- Crown Office Chambers welcomes new tenant
- BCL, University of Oxford
- BA Hons, University of Oxford
- Lord Denning Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Graduate Fund Scholarship, Oxford Law Faculty
“Michael is enormously talented and enthusiastic in equal measure. He consumes the facts voraciously and applies the law surgically.”
Rising Star, Legal 500 2022