Mek has growing experience of personal injury. He regularly appears at trials and applications on small, fast and multi-track personal injury matters, including settlement and MOJ Stage 3 hearings. He also advises on liability and quantum issues, and has done so on claims valued up to £100,000.
He has experience of advising on employers and public liability policy coverage and related subrogated claims arising from serious personal injury claims as well as matters relating to the Package Travel Regulations.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Best Memorandum (Honourable Mention), Willem C. Vis Moot (2014)
- Monckton Chambers European Law Essay Prize, Finalist (2013)
- Prince of Wales BPTC and Residential Scholar, Grays Inn (2013)
- Bar Council Law Reform Essay Competition, Prize Winner (2012)
- Herbert Smith/The Times Advocacy Competition, Prize Winner (2012)
- David Karmel GDL Scholar, Gray’s Inn (2012)
- One Essex Court / The Times Law Awards, Finalist (2012)
- Oxford Law Society Essay Prize, Winner (2011)
- Sir Isaiah Berlin Prize, Corpus Christi College, Oxford (2011)
- Sharpston Scholarship, Corpus Christi College, Oxford (2010)
- SSE Scholar, English Speaking Union (2009)
- Clarification of the appropriate test for causation in insurance brokers’ negligence cases Dalamd v Butterworth Spengler  EWHC 2558 (Comm)
- Mek Mesfin is successful in Adjudication enforcement in the TCC
- Bar Professional Training Course, City Law School (2013 – 2014)
- Graduate Diploma in Law, City Law School (2012 – 2013)
- BA (Hons), Corpus Christi College, University of Oxford (2009 – 2012)
- TECBAR Adjudicator
- Member of Panel of Adjudicators for the Construction Plant Hire Association.