Construction & Engineering
Maurice has acted in a range of disputes involving construction or utilities projects, often concerning issues such as design claims, interim payment claims, EOTs delay and disruption, LADs and contractual interpretation.
Maurice has assisted in matters including the following:
- A claim for negligent and/or inadequate construction works (and a counterclaim for unpaid fees).
- A claim for overcharging and delay in completion of a construction and energy project.
- A claim concerning the Party Wall etc. Act 1996.
- Advising as to the viability of resisting adjudication enforcement proceedings on the basis of set-off.
Maurice (along with Roger ter Haar QC and Crispin Winser) was a contributing author of the chapter on Awards in The Guide to Construction Arbitration, published by Global Arbitration Review (accessible here).View full profile »
- Winner, The Times 2TG Moot (2016)
- Crown Office Chambers shortlisted in eleven categories at The Legal 500 Bar Awards 2023
- Third Edition of GAR’s “Guide to Construction Arbitration” published with contribution from Roger ter Haar QC, Crispin Winser and Maurice Holmes of Crown Office Chambers
- Maurice Holmes acts for PTIOs in tennis anti-corruption hearing
- Maurice Holmes led in arbitration determining the lawfulness of Davis Cup eligibility rules under EU and domestic law
- Levitt Scholarship
- Hardwicke Scholarship
- Droop Scholarship
- LLB (Hons), First-Class
- British Association for Sport and Law