Matthew has experience of claims arising out of defective products, including medical devices.
During his training contract Matthew worked on the Metal-On-Metal hip group litigation where he was part of the legal team representing a medical device manufacturer in a multi-party action brought by hundreds of individual claimants.
During pupillage, Matthew worked on product liability cases involving a range of products from horse bits to cleaning solutions. He also assisted David Myhill and Alexander Antelme QC in a claim relating to a radiological contrast medium, Myodil, which allegedly caused significant injuries decades after its use.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Maxwell Law Prize (2014) – top graduating law student
- JD & Elizabeth Marsden Prize (2014) – outstanding academic and extracurricular achievement
- Clyde & Co Prize in EU/EC Trade Law (2012) – best performing student in EU law
- Bar Transfer Test, BPP Law School (2018)
- Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School (2015), Distinction
- LLB (Hons) Law with American Law, University of Nottingham (2010 – 2014), First Class with Distinction in American Law (top graduating student)