Matthew has experience of industrial disease litigation, in particular noise induced hearing loss (NIHL) claims. He is familiar with the Lutman, Coles and Buffin (LCB) Guidelines 2015 and Coles, Lutman, Buffin (CLB) Guidelines 2000, as well as the work of Professor Moore in respect of military NIHL (M-NIHL) claims.
- Matthew is currently instructed in numerous M-NIHL claims against the Ministry of Defence.
- Maxwell Law Prize (2014) – top graduating law student
- JD & Elizabeth Marsden Prize (2014) – outstanding academic and extracurricular achievement
- Clyde & Co Prize in EU/EC Trade Law (2012) – best performing student in EU law
- Bar Transfer Test, BPP Law School (2018)
- Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School (2015), Distinction
- LLB (Hons) Law with American Law, University of Nottingham (2010 – 2014), First Class with Distinction in American Law (top graduating student)