Inquests & Public Inquiries
Mark Balysz is regularly instructed to represent companies and organisations at inquest, both Jamieson and Middleton, including:
- Acting for principle contractors, contractors and clients with regards to deaths during the course of construction.
- Acting for care homes with regards to deaths of residents.
- Acting for a film studio with regards to a death on set.
- Acting for Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service in the inquest into the death of a fire fighter.
- Acting for Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service in the inquest into the death of two fire fighters.
- Acting for a children’s nursery in the inquest into the death of a toddler in its care.
- Acting for a local authority in the inquest into the death of a member of the public from a collapsing tree.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Mark Balysz has secured a non-custodial sentence for a company director originally charged with gross negligence manslaughter
- Clean Sweep for Crown Office Chambers’ Health and Safety Team at Chambers UK Bar Awards 2020
- Mark Balysz speaking at the HSLA event on 28th March 2018
- Criminal Regulatory & Environmental Manchester Drinks Party
- Criminal Bar Association
- Health & Safety Lawyers Association
“A superb advocate. He has a real depth of technical knowledge, commitment to strategy that is key in cases of this nature and has very persuasive advocacy skills that not only reassure clients but get results.”
Legal 500, 2021
“An amazing jury advocate – he has a brilliant charm and he’s very personable. He really empathises with clients.”; “Mark is an exceptional barrister. Clients really like him and he delivers a high-quality client service.”
Chambers & Partners, 2021
“He is fantastic in terms of his ability to cut through the issues and explain matters to clients in a very easy to understand manner.”
Chambers & Partners, 2020
“A great junior with solid criminal knowledge and an impressive manner in court.”
Legal 500, 2018
“An utterly reliable advocate with a great understanding of the law.”
Chambers & Partners UK Bar, 2018
“He has excellent technical skills and a real ability to read clients’ expectations.”
Legal 500, 2017
“Health & Safety Junior of the Year”
Chambers & Partners, 2017