Mark is regularly instructed by both Claimants and Defendants in all aspects of personal injury litigation. He regularly appears in trials involving accidents at work; on the public highway and due to the occupation of premises.
Mark has particular experience in dealing with claims resulting from road traffic accidents and has advised and acted in many claims arising from low velocity impact collisions. He has a detailed knowledge of the procedural aspects of road traffic accident claims involving allegations of fraud and LVI.
Mark regularly accepts instructions on behalf of local authorities particularly in relation to claims arising from accidents on the public highway, occupiers’ liability and housing disrepair.
Other areas of interest include claims relating to Deep Vein Thrombosis and claims under the Animals Act 1971.
Mark has regularly appeared before the CICAP in all aspects of criminal injuries compensation appeals. He has often acted on behalf of nurses, train drivers and has successfully recovered substantial sums of compensation for clients with severe and permanent brain damage.
- Acting for a Claimant who sustained severe brain damage following an accident at work whilst painting a ship in Falmouth docks.
- Acting for a train driver who recovered £360,000 following an accident, which caused him permanent spinal injury.
- Acting for a community support officer who sustained spinal injury resulting from the use of unsuitable body armour.
- Acting for a former police officer who had been retired on grounds of medical ill health. The case involved consideration of the system of appeals in relation to ill health retirement pensions and the involvement of the police federation.
- Selwood v Durham CC & Ors  EWCA Civ 979;  PIQR P20 – Represented Claimant in a claim for negligence of NHS Trust in failing to warn local authority social worker of threats to her life by voluntary mental patient. Issues: whether necessary to show an assumption of responsibility for victim’s safety; whether Art.2 ECHR engaged. [led by Michael Kent QC]
- Recovering £100,000 for a claimant whose finger had been traumatically amputated by a circular saw.
- Settling a case for over £1million for a claimant who suffered serious physical and mental consequences following a road traffic accident.
- MA (Cantab)
- LLM (Cantab)