Mariusz continues to build on his experience of product liability disputes, which he gained during pupillage, concerning products ranging from ordinary household appliances and fittings to industrial machinery. He is familiar with the issues that arise in such cases in contract, tort, and under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
Examples of his work include:
- Advising on a claim concerning an allegedly defective expansion vessel in a domestic plumbing system, which failed and caused an escape of water.
- Advising on a claim for contribution against a supplier of firewood processors to a company whose employee had been injured using one of the machines. The case also raised issues of liability under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 to purchasers for breach of the implied term as to satisfactory quality (as a pupil).
- Preparing an advice and drafting Particulars of Claim in connection with a fire in a residential property caused by a washing machine which overheated (as a pupil).
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Lord Denning Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn (2018)
- BPTC Advocacy Scholarship, BPP University (2018)
- BPTC (Very Competent), BPP Law School
- LLM Commercial Law (Distinction), London School of Economics and Political Science
- BA (Hons) Law (2.1), University of Cambridge, Downing College