Mariusz has a busy personal injury practice and is experienced in road traffic, employers’ liability, and public liability claims. His practice is primarily defendant focused and covers all stages of the litigation process, including advising on the merits, settling pleadings, and providing representation at interim applications and trials.
Recent examples of Mariusz’s work include:
- Drafting the Defence and Counter-Schedule in a claim brought by a delivery worker who suffered injury whilst undertaking a delivery of furniture to a restaurant.
- Successfully resisting a pre-action application in a claim brought pursuant to s.2 of the Animals Act 1971 for an order that a dog be examined by a veterinary expert to prepare a report on his behaviour and characteristics. The court found that it did not have jurisdiction to make such an order under s.52 of the County Courts Act 1984.
- Providing representation in a number of pre-action disclosure applications in matters concerned with assaults on staff working with vulnerable persons.
- Successfully resisting an application for an interim payment following an RTA where liability was admitted, but significant issues of causation remained at large.
- Appearing for the Defendant in an application under s.33 of the Limitation Act to disapply the primary limitation period in a personal injury claim and transfer the matter to the part 7 procedure.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Lord Denning Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn (2018)
- BPTC Advocacy Scholarship, BPP University (2018)
- BPTC (Very Competent), BPP Law School
- LLM Commercial Law (Distinction), London School of Economics and Political Science
- BA (Hons) Law (2.1), University of Cambridge, Downing College