Mariusz welcomes instructions in commercial disputes across Chambers’ areas of practice, including sale of goods, contracts for services, agency, bailment, and debt claims.
Mariusz benefits from his experience specialising in commercial law on the LLM, graduating with Distinction and achieving the top mark in cohort in Commercial Remedies. He has explored in detail issues relevant both to litigation and international arbitration.
Whilst working as a paralegal at a Magic Circle law firm Mariusz obtained hands-on experience of contentious matters involving businesses, including complaints concerning unfair business practices.
Examples of his work include:
- Successfully defending a claim brought by a litigant in person who claimed that the insurer had wrongfully retained her vehicle and sold it as scrap, despite having agreed and been paid a total loss valuation for the vehicle.
- Drafting the Defence in a claim against a removals company following damage caused to the Claimant’s property during removal, raising issues concerning the British Association of Removers Model Terms and Conditions.
- Successfully resisting an application brought against a removals company by a litigant in person seeking judgment in relation to damaged property and seeking a total freeze of the company’s accounts.
- Drafting the Defence in a claim against a professional carpet cleaner in relation to damage to the carpet following the provision of cleaning services at commercial premises
- Representing the defendant in a gratuitous bailment claim concerning the loss of valuables which had been left in a coat stored in a restaurant cloakroom. The matter included issues of breach of duty, reliance on disclaimers and the fairness of such disclaimers under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
- Advising on a claim concerned with breach of a contractual warranty as to the quality and fitness for purpose of equipment supplied under a contract of hire. Issues also arose concerning a limitation clause in the contract and the application of UCTA 1977 (as a pupil).
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Lord Denning Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn (2018)
- BPTC Advocacy Scholarship, BPP University (2018)
- BPTC (Very Competent), BPP Law School
- LLM Commercial Law (Distinction), London School of Economics and Political Science
- BA (Hons) Law (2.1), University of Cambridge, Downing College