Inquests & Public Inquiries
Malcolm frequently appears in the Coroners Court to represent corporate clients or individual directors. His recent clients have Included mining companies, care homes, large cooperate entities, transport companies and individual directors facing a possible regulatory investigation.
- BR Industries, Kandents & Jewsons – Re: inquest into death of an employee who had been crushed between a dumper and Jewsons delivery lorry.
- Re: Bueau Veritas Ltd & Others – Re: Inquest in dealth of elderly resident at care home after failure of lift.
- Re: Ascot Race Course – Instructed by Ascot after they received a PFD report after an inquest they had not been an interested party in.
- Re: Kent Community Health – NHS Foundation Trust & others – Instructed by the trust after the death of an elderly patient in an ‘integrated home’
- Re: David Brown – Represented Transport Company after employee crushed in a ‘roll away’ incident.
- Re: Wagamama Ltd: – Represented Wagamama after a young woman collapsed and died an hour after leaving their restaurant. Initial suggestion that she died as a result of anaphylactic shock. Coroner concluded she died due to her ‘uncontrolled asthma’ – no connection to Wagamama. https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/teenager-girl-died-asthma-attack-13285718
- Re: DHL: – Represented Company after employee was killed and three others injured after collapse of stillages.:
- BE Wolverhampton BE: – Represented owners of shopping centre after death of young women from falling debris as a result of ‘Storm Doris’. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/oct/06/absence-of-maintenance-played-role-in-tahnie-martin-storm-doris-death-inquest
- Re: Racetech: – Represented Company after death of employee at Haydock Park Racecourse after being crushed.
- Re: Bureau Veritas Ltd: – Inquest into death at care home after lift failed and fell a level.
- Re: Barrie Taylor: – Death after crushing due to ‘vehicle rollaway’ a transport depot.
- Represented Care Home after death of elderly resident suffering from dementia who managed to bypass an alarm system.
- Represented mining company after employee was crushed after gas outburst a mile underground.
- Represented company after employee fell 20 m from a MEWP whilst working at Pembroke docks.
- Representing Kent Fire Service at the inquest into the death of a civilian after a collision with two fire tenders.
- Representing the owner and director of a building company after a member of the public was killed following the collapse of 1.5 tons of wood being unloaded from a lorry.
- Representing a delivery company whose employee died of sepsis after being bitten by a homeowner’s dog.
- Representing a Company and its managing director after an employee fell from height and died.
- Representing a multinational company after an employee was killed and two others seriously injured after a collapse of stillage’s onto a temporary office.
- Represented driver of a HGV making a delivery on behalf of a High Street supermarket who knocked down and killed an elderly woman crossing the road.
- Malcolm Galloway has secured the acquittal of a farmer accused of ‘causing a water discharge activity’ at Oxford Crown Court
- John Cooper QC and Malcolm Galloway are successful in defending the first ever attempted prosecution for Norovirus.
- Criminal Bar Association
- Health & Safety Lawyers Association
- UK Environmental Lawyers Association
- Western Circuit
“Has excellent technical knowledge and is faultless in his case preparation.”
Chambers & Partners UK Bar 2018
“He has excellent client skills and management of expectations.”
Legal 500, 2017
“A heavyweight advocate, who is robust when required with clients and opponents.”
Legal 500, 2017
“An excellent criminal law barrister in relation to environmental, health and safety work”
Chambers & Partners
“His client care is second to none and he is the top junior for environmental prosecutions”
‘He’s got a very good tactical insight”
‘He’s a great jury advocate, who is very, very personable and extremely sharp’
Chambers and Partners
“A robust advocate and a good team player”