Kim Franklin QC is a specialist international lawyer, in the construction, engineering and infrastructure sectors, focussing on the resolution of disputes arising from complex projects in international arbitration. She acts as counsel in the UK Construction and Appeal Courts, including the Privy Council (Supreme Court) and in the Caribbean.
Kim has conducted numerous ICC and DIAC arbitrations in the UK, the UAE and GCC countries. She acts as party appointed arbitrator and Tribunal Chair and also acts as Construction Adjudicator for complex UK disputes.
Appointed Queen’s Counsel in 2016, Kim has a flair for technically complex, document-heavy disputes, often involving project delay. She has sound strategic judgment and is popular with clients. She speaks at international conferences including the Superyacht Design Symposia, and has a keen interest in superyacht procurement.View full profile »
- MBL Construction Law Conference 2019 – London
- Many congratulations to Kim Franklin QC on her appointment as committee member of International Chamber of Commerce’s (ICC’s) Arbitration programme.
- MBL Construction Law Conference 2018 – London
- Kim Franklin QC to present at the Construction Law Conference 2018.
- Chartered Arbitrator (2000)
- Accredited Adjudicator (1998)
- FCIArb (1997)
- LLB, University of Warwick (1983)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (Former PCC Chair)
- Society of Construction Arbitrators (First Woman Member)
- Society of Construction Law (Former Council Member)
- Technology & Construction Courts Barristers Association (Former Committee Member)
- Worshipful Company of Arbitrators (Liveryman)
“An excellent new silk”
Legal 500, 2017
‘Terrific with clients.’
Chambers & Partners (2017)
‘A skilled advocate with a pragmatic approach.’
Legal 500 (2017)
‘She has a deep knowledge of construction law.’
Chambers & Partners (2016)
A true construction expert, especially good on international cases.’
Legal 500 (2015)
‘She has a good , firm hand on the tiller and is very good at steering a case.’ ‘She shows a great deal of energy and endless patience.’ ‘She gets the job done and puts her back into it..’
Chambers & Partners (2015)
‘extremely talented’ with ‘formidable attention to detail and enormous experience.’
Chambers & Partners (2014)
‘very thorough and brings sense to document-heavy cases without any fuss’
Legal 500 (2010)