Energy & Natural Resources
- Acting as leader for an Antiguan power provider in its successful Privy Council Appeal against an American Bank.
- Advising an Antiguan power company in relation to claims against the Government for breach of a Joint Venture Agreement in favour of a rival foreign contractor. Representing the power company at first instance, the Eastern Caribbean Court of Appeal and appearing for the power company in its successful appeal to the Privy Council. Advising on complex damages claims and claims for procuring a breach of contract.
- Advising power providers in the UK in connection with claims arising out of the construction of power plants in the UK. Advising and acting in several arbitration hearings of claims including the construction of the piled foundations.
- MBL Construction Law Conference 2018 – London
- Kim Franklin QC to present at the Construction Law Conference 2018.
- Kim Franklin QC to speak at 6th ICC MENA Conference
- Kim Franklin QC & Charles Pimlott have been confirmed as Chair and speaker at the forthcoming MBL Construction Law Conference
- Chartered Arbitrator (2000)
- Accredited Adjudicator (1998)
- FCIArb (1997)
- LLB, University of Warwick (1983)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (Former PCC Chair)
- Society of Construction Arbitrators (First Woman Member)
- Society of Construction Law (Former Council Member)
- Technology & Construction Courts Barristers Association (Former Committee Member)
- Worshipful Company of Arbitrators (Liveryman)
“An excellent new silk”
Legal 500, 2017
‘Terrific with clients.’
Chambers & Partners (2017)
‘A skilled advocate with a pragmatic approach.’
Legal 500 (2017)
‘She has a deep knowledge of construction law.’
Chambers & Partners (2016)
A true construction expert, especially good on international cases.’
Legal 500 (2015)
‘She has a good , firm hand on the tiller and is very good at steering a case.’ ‘She shows a great deal of energy and endless patience.’ ‘She gets the job done and puts her back into it..’
Chambers & Partners (2015)
‘extremely talented’ with ‘formidable attention to detail and enormous experience.’
Chambers & Partners (2014)
‘very thorough and brings sense to document-heavy cases without any fuss’
Legal 500 (2010)