Construction & Engineering
- Represented site audit surveyors in a ground-breaking High Court negligence by latent defects insurers arising out of insurance cover provided to over 22 housing estates in Eire.
- Advised geotechnical engineers at Staffordshire County Council in connection with complex High Court claims for misrepresentation of ground conditions at a reclaimed mining site in the UK.
- Acted for a building surveying practice successfully resisting High Court claims raising issues of negligence, fraud and reputation arising out of the refurbishment of a luxury family home in North London. Appeared with success at several arbitration hearings, 2 reported appeals to the TCC, contested enforcement proceedings and a second action by trustees.
- Acting a party appointed arbitrator for an ad hoc arbitration of claims under a contract for dredging and land reclamation works in Bahrain.
- Acting as chair for an ICC Arbitration concerning specialist contractor claims arising out of the construction of an airport in Qatar.
- Acting as party appointed arbitrator for an ICC Arbitration concerning specialist contractor claims arising out of the construction of an airport in Oman.
- Acting as party appointed arbitrator for a DIAC Arbitration dispute over the construction of a canal system linked to the Creek, Dubai.
- Advised an urban development corporation in Port of Spain, Trinidad, in respect of a government enquiry into public procurement of its opera house, library, sports facilities and public office developments.
- Construction adjudication: a peep into the future
- Kim Franklin QC and Ivor Collett to speak at CIArb webinar “Construction adjudication: current developments and a peep into the future”
- Kim Franklin QC to join SCL Astra Breakfast Seminar panel discussion
- Kim Franklin QC appointed to the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Committee
- Chartered Arbitrator (2000)
- Accredited Adjudicator (1998)
- FCIArb (1997)
- LLB, University of Warwick (1983)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (Former PCC Chair)
- Society of Construction Arbitrators (First Woman Member)
- Society of Construction Law (Former Council Member)
- Technology & Construction Courts Barristers Association (Former Committee Member)
- Worshipful Company of Arbitrators (Liveryman)
“She is very practical, good with clients, and writes extremely clearly and immediately.” “She is very well organised and very good at keeping the parties to the mark.”
Chambers & Partners 2020
“An excellent new silk”
Legal 500 2017
“Terrific with clients.”
Chambers & Partners 2017
“A skilled advocate with a pragmatic approach.”
Legal 500 2017
“She has a deep knowledge of construction law.”
Chambers & Partners 2016
“A true construction expert, especially good on international cases.”
Legal 500 2015
“She has a good , firm hand on the tiller and is very good at steering a case.” “She shows a great deal of energy and endless patience.” “She gets the job done and puts her back into it..”
Chambers & Partners 2015
“extremely talented” with “formidable attention to detail and enormous experience.”
Chambers & Partners 2014
“very thorough and brings sense to document-heavy cases without any fuss”
Legal 500 2010