Construction & Engineering
- Represented site audit surveyors in a ground-breaking High Court negligence by latent defects insurers arising out of insurance cover provided to over 22 housing estates in Eire.
- Advised geotechnical engineers at Staffordshire County Council in connection with complex High Court claims for misrepresentation of ground conditions at a reclaimed mining site in the UK.
- Acted for a building surveying practice successfully resisting High Court claims raising issues of negligence, fraud and reputation arising out of the refurbishment of a luxury family home in North London. Appeared with success at several arbitration hearings, 2 reported appeals to the TCC, contested enforcement proceedings and a second action by trustees.
- Acting a party appointed arbitrator for an ad hoc arbitration of claims under a contract for dredging and land reclamation works in Bahrain.
- Acting as chair for an ICC Arbitration concerning specialist contractor claims arising out of the construction of an airport in Qatar.
- Acting as party appointed arbitrator for an ICC Arbitration concerning specialist contractor claims arising out of the construction of an airport in Oman.
- Acting as party appointed arbitrator for a DIAC Arbitration dispute over the construction of a canal system linked to the Creek, Dubai.
- Advised an urban development corporation in Port of Spain, Trinidad, in respect of a government enquiry into public procurement of its opera house, library, sports facilities and public office developments.
- MBL Construction Law Conference 2019 – London
- Many congratulations to Kim Franklin QC on her appointment as committee member of International Chamber of Commerce’s (ICC’s) Arbitration programme.
- MBL Construction Law Conference 2018 – London
- Kim Franklin QC to present at the Construction Law Conference 2018.
- Chartered Arbitrator (2000)
- Accredited Adjudicator (1998)
- FCIArb (1997)
- LLB, University of Warwick (1983)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (Former PCC Chair)
- Society of Construction Arbitrators (First Woman Member)
- Society of Construction Law (Former Council Member)
- Technology & Construction Courts Barristers Association (Former Committee Member)
- Worshipful Company of Arbitrators (Liveryman)
“An excellent new silk”
Legal 500, 2017
‘Terrific with clients.’
Chambers & Partners (2017)
‘A skilled advocate with a pragmatic approach.’
Legal 500 (2017)
‘She has a deep knowledge of construction law.’
Chambers & Partners (2016)
A true construction expert, especially good on international cases.’
Legal 500 (2015)
‘She has a good , firm hand on the tiller and is very good at steering a case.’ ‘She shows a great deal of energy and endless patience.’ ‘She gets the job done and puts her back into it..’
Chambers & Partners (2015)
‘extremely talented’ with ‘formidable attention to detail and enormous experience.’
Chambers & Partners (2014)
‘very thorough and brings sense to document-heavy cases without any fuss’
Legal 500 (2010)