Katie has experience of property damage matters involving fire, escape of water, defective premise claims and tree-related damage.
She has been instructed:
- To advise in a flooding claim involving potential breaches of duty by the Environment Agency.
- To draft pleadings in a flooding claim relating to negligent installation of a water accumulator tank.
- In a number of claims in respect of Cavity Wall Insulation where failure to install the insulation correctly is alleged to have caused property damage.
- In a construction vibration damage case which raised Party Wall etc. Act 1996 issues.
- In a case relating to alleged damage to a hard standing caused by tree roots.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- James Maxwell-Scott KC and Katie Sage recently represented Serco Ltd in a prosecution brought by the Health and Safety Executive
- Arcadia/Topshop Trial
- The Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Act 2022 – The Road To Life Imprisonment? By Katie Sage and Jack Murphy
- Innocent until probably guilty
- BPTC, Outstanding
- BA (Hons) Oxon, First Class
- Hardwicke Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Lord Denning Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Buchanan Prize, Lincoln’s Inn
- Sir Roger Bannister Scholarship, Pembroke College
- Pembroke College Exhibition
“Katie is exceptional. She is really quick and intelligent, and has incredible analytical skills.”
Inquests & Inquiries, Up and Coming Junior: Chambers & Partners, 2023
“Katie is very attentive and good with clients.” “She is very thorough.”
Health & Safety, Up and Coming Junior: Chambers & Partners, 2023
“A real star in the making. Ferociously bright and hardworking, and with incredible powers of recall combined with an intuition for wider case strategy. Clients love her for taking the time to understand the finer detail of a case, and quickly making herself indispensable to the team. There is no doubt she will be a highly sought after barrister in the years to come.”
Inquests & Inquires, Leading Juniors: Legal 500, 2023
Consumer Law, Rising Star
Legal 500, 2023
“A rising star who has really strengthened the junior end of her set.”
Rising Star: Legal 500 2021 & 2022