Katie welcomes instructions in relation to product liability, including claims under the Consumer Protection Act 1987, in contract and in tort. During pupillage, she assisted David Myhill in the five-day High Court Trial in the case of Wilkes v DePuy International Limited  EWHC 3096 (QB).
She has experience both in litigation and negotiation in this area, having conducted a JSM in relation to a dispute arising out of an allegedly defective push fit valve.
She has also assisted in the inspection exercise in respect of a multimillion-pound claim arising out of a road traffic accident, which raises jurisdictional issues as well as issues in product liability and negligence.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- The Grenfell Tower Inquiry
- Detailed risk assessments and manual handling – Stewart v Lewisham & Greenwich NHS Trust  EWCA Civ 2091
- BPTC, Outstanding
- BA (Hons) Oxon, First Class
- Hardwicke Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Lord Denning Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Buchanan Prize, Lincoln’s Inn
- Sir Roger Bannister Scholarship, Pembroke College
- Pembroke College Exhibition
“A rising star who has really strengthened the junior end of her set.”
Rising Star, Legal 500 2021