Katie’s personal injury practices focuses on road traffic, employer’s liability and public liability claims and benefits from her criminal regulatory experience. She regularly advises and drafts pleadings in matters on all civil tracks and has experience both as a trial advocate and in the range of interim hearings, including CCMCs and applications.
Katie enjoys working on cases that involve an international element having studied a number of international law subjects on her BCL. She was involved in the early stages of a multimillion-pound claim arising out of a road traffic accident, which raises jurisdictional issues as well as issues in product liability and negligence.
Katie’s experience includes:
- Claims relating to accidents and falls from height on constructions sites. These claims often raise issues of contributory negligence and additional claims;
- Claims arising from agricultural accidents. She recently advised on a case involving a farmyard animal which raised issues under the Animals Act 1971;
- Claims involving fundamental dishonesty and / or medical causation issues;
- Claims involving jurisdictional issues, including road traffic accidents in other EU territories;
- Injuries arising from road traffic accidents, including quantum disputes under the RTA pre-action protocol, stage 3.
- Drafting infant settlement approval advices and attending hearings;
- Pre-trial hearings, including interim applications and CCMCs;
- Katie also has experience of JSMs and is happy to advise on settlement parameters and prospects of success.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- The Grenfell Tower Inquiry
- Detailed risk assessments and manual handling – Stewart v Lewisham & Greenwich NHS Trust  EWCA Civ 2091
- BPTC, Outstanding
- BA (Hons) Oxon, First Class
- Hardwicke Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Lord Denning Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Buchanan Prize, Lincoln’s Inn
- Sir Roger Bannister Scholarship, Pembroke College
- Pembroke College Exhibition
“A rising star who has really strengthened the junior end of her set.”
Rising Star, Legal 500 2021