Criminal Regulatory & Environmental
Katie has been involved in a number of criminal regulatory proceedings in a variety of regulatory jurisdictions including water, planning, housing, licensing, COVID-19 regulations and noise abatement.
Notable cases include:
- Is instructed for a company and director in an advertising license prosecution under s. 224 of Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
- Is instructed for MF Ltd in respect of a noise abatement notice appeal against London Borough of Wandsworth.
- Advising O Ltd on the application of the COVID-19 regulations in respect of a fixed penalty notice where an employee had returned from a red-list country through an incorrect port.
- Representing Thames Water who were prosecuting a company for the use of an illegal standpipe.
- Represented C Ltd, a property management company, at the pre-trial stages of what is understood to be the first prosecution arising from a failure to comply with an improvement notice served under the Housing Act 2004 in respect of the removal of a cladding system.
- Represented RK Ltd, a London based restaurant, for the plea and sentencing hearing in a Local Planning Authority enforcement case.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- James Maxwell-Scott KC and Katie Sage recently represented Serco Ltd in a prosecution brought by the Health and Safety Executive
- Arcadia/Topshop Trial
- The Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Act 2022 – The Road To Life Imprisonment? By Katie Sage and Jack Murphy
- Innocent until probably guilty
- BPTC, Outstanding
- BA (Hons) Oxon, First Class
- Hardwicke Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Lord Denning Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Buchanan Prize, Lincoln’s Inn
- Sir Roger Bannister Scholarship, Pembroke College
- Pembroke College Exhibition
“Katie is exceptional. She is really quick and intelligent, and has incredible analytical skills.”
Inquests & Inquiries, Up and Coming Junior: Chambers & Partners, 2023
“Katie is very attentive and good with clients.” “She is very thorough.”
Health & Safety, Up and Coming Junior: Chambers & Partners, 2023
“A real star in the making. Ferociously bright and hardworking, and with incredible powers of recall combined with an intuition for wider case strategy. Clients love her for taking the time to understand the finer detail of a case, and quickly making herself indispensable to the team. There is no doubt she will be a highly sought after barrister in the years to come.”
Inquests & Inquires, Leading Juniors: Legal 500, 2023
Consumer Law, Rising Star
Legal 500, 2023
“A rising star who has really strengthened the junior end of her set.”
Rising Star: Legal 500 2021 & 2022