Construction & Engineering
Katie has experience of bringing and defending construction claims in tort, contract and under the Defective Premises Act 1974.
She has experience advising on the application and interpretation of Schedule 1, Part B of the Building Regulations and has recently been made co-editor of Chapter 18 of Emden’s Construction Law on the Responsibilities of Local Authorities in relation to construction work.
During pupillage, Katie assisted Crispin Winser on the appeal of a Party Wall Act etc. Act 1996 dispute to the Court of Appeal. She also drafted an advice in respect of a dispute over who had responsibility for defective roof works in a chain of contractors where the righting of the defects would cost the liable party in the region of £60,000.
In her own right, Katie:
- Represented the Claimant in a dispute arising out of the sale of goods and services for a residential construction project;
- Was instructed in a dispute arising out of vibration damage and the Party Wall etc. Act 1996;
- Was instructed in a number of disputes which arise out of the defective installation of Cavity Wall Insulation.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- The Grenfell Tower Inquiry
- Detailed risk assessments and manual handling – Stewart v Lewisham & Greenwich NHS Trust  EWCA Civ 2091
- BPTC, Outstanding
- BA (Hons) Oxon, First Class
- Hardwicke Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Lord Denning Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Buchanan Prize, Lincoln’s Inn
- Sir Roger Bannister Scholarship, Pembroke College
- Pembroke College Exhibition
“A rising star who has really strengthened the junior end of her set.”
Rising Star, Legal 500 2021