Juliet has developed a broad personal injury practice, acting for both claimants and defendants.
She is frequently instructed as trial counsel, and to appear at interlocutory hearings including cost management. She is regularly instructed to advise as to prospects and tactics and to draft pleadings for fast and multi-track claims.
She has appeared as junior counsel for the Defendant in the High Court in a case pleaded at £7 million, and has recently been instructed as junior counsel in a fatal accident case with a multi-million pound dependency claim, both led by Andrew Davis.
Juliet’s experience includes:
- Road traffic accident claims, including cycling accidents, accidents abroad, actions brought against highway authorities and fatal accident claims.
- Employers’ liability claims, arising from accidents in industry, within schools for children with challenging behaviours and involving staff at psychiatric units.
- Public liability claims, including a claim concerning anaphylactic shock at a restaurant, accidents occurring during school trips, in public playgrounds/gyms and during domestic building works.
- Occupiers’ liability claims, including slip and trip claims, claims concerning contractors and claims for injury as a result of bed bug infestations in the hotel industry.
- Assisting Muhammed Haque QC when a pupil in relation to an appeal against an arbitration award made under the Untraced Drivers Agreement 2003.
Juliet also has experience of ADR, including JSMs and mediation, and welcomes instructions to advise on settlement parameters and to assist client resolve disputes prior to trial. She is a member of the Personal Injury Bar Association.View full profile »
- Queen Mother’s Scholarship, Middle Temple, 2015
- Prize winner, Marion Simmons QC Essay Competition, Association of Regulatory & Disciplinary Lawyers, 2015
- Astbury Scholarship, Middle Temple, 2014
- Highest ranked novice debating pair (team and individual speaker scores) at the Inner Temple IV Moot, 2014
- Excellence in Leadership Award, London Medical Deanery, 2011
- Proxime accessit, Final Medical Examinations, University of Oxford, 2010
- Undergraduate Academic Scholarship, Hertford College, University of Oxford, 2005-07
- Crown Office Chambers feature in three of The Lawyers Top 20 cases of 2019
- Settlement in JR v Sheffield Hospitals: Roberts v Johnstone remains in suspended animation
- Appealing findings made by the TCC: guidance from the Court of Appeal
- High value interim payment applications with a negative discount rate
- BPTC, City University (2016)
- GDL (Distinction), City University (2015)
- Part 1 Membership Examination, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (2011)
- Medicine BM BCh (Distinction), University of Oxford (2010)
- Medical Sciences MA (First Class), University of Oxford (2007)