Juliet has developed a broad personal injury practice, acting both for claimants and defendants.
She is frequently instructed as trial counsel, and to appear at interlocutory hearings including case and cost management conferences. She is regularly instructed to advise as to prospects and tactics and to draft pleadings for fast and multi-track claims.
- EG v Groupama – Instructed as junior counsel, led by Alexander Antelme QC and Andrew Davis, in a case concerning a fatal accident in France caused by the failure of a lorry tire. The Claimant advanced a claim for over 90 million euros. The claim gave rise to issues of relevant French law, quantification and product liability.
- RS v Marzetti (1) Kelly Communications Plant Ltd (2) – Instructed as junior counsel, led by Andrew Davis, in a road traffic injury claim pleaded at £7 million. The claim proceeded to a 5 day trial on the matter of quantum alone, liability having been admitted. Settlement was reached during trial.
Juliet is regularly instructed in the following types of cases:
- Road traffic accident claims, including cycling accidents, accidents abroad, actions brought against highway authorities and fatal accident claims.
- Employers’ liability claims, arising from accidents in industry, within schools for children with challenging behaviours and involving staff at psychiatric units. Juliet has also been instructed in a variety of stress at work claims.
- Public liability claims, including a claim concerning anaphylactic shock at a restaurant, accidents occurring at school and during school trips, in holiday resorts, in public playgrounds/gyms and during domestic building works.
- Part 20 claims against NHS Trusts and individual medical practitioners, in which it is alleged that subsequent negligent medical care compounded loss and damage suffered as a result of an index accident.
- Occupiers’ liability claims, including slip and trip claims, claims concerning contractors and claims for injury as a result of bed bug infestations in the hotel industry.
Juliet also has extensive experience of ADR, including JSMs and mediation, and welcomes instructions to advise on settlement parameters and to assist client resolve disputes prior to trial. Further, she has experience of appeals against arbitration awards made under the Untraced Drivers Agreement 2003.
She is a member of the Personal Injury Bar Association.View full profile »
- Queen Mother’s Scholarship, Middle Temple, 2015
- Prize winner, Marion Simmons QC Essay Competition, Association of Regulatory & Disciplinary Lawyers, 2015
- Astbury Scholarship, Middle Temple, 2014
- Highest ranked novice debating pair (team and individual speaker scores) at the Inner Temple IV Moot, 2014
- Excellence in Leadership Award, London Medical Deanery, 2011
- Proxime accessit, Final Medical Examinations, University of Oxford, 2010
- Undergraduate Academic Scholarship, Hertford College, University of Oxford, 2005-07
- 25 for 25: The Pro Bono Challenge
- Juliet Stevens represents family at a three-day inquest: Regulation 28 Reports made and doctor referred to GMC
- The cost of commercial surrogacy abroad is a recoverable head of loss: Whittington Hospital NHS Trust v XX  UKSC 14
- Appealing findings made by the TCC: guidance from the Court of Appeal
- BPTC, City University (2016)
- GDL (Distinction), City University (2015)
- Part 1 Membership Examination, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (2011)
- Medicine BM BCh (Distinction), University of Oxford (2010)
- Medical Sciences MA (First Class), University of Oxford (2007)
‘Juliet is excellent at navigating complex medical and legal issues. She is insightful and thorough and provides clear, no-nonsense advice to her clients.’
Leading Junior, Legal 500, 2023
‘Attention to detail, excellent understanding of technical legal issues and all round great advocate.’
Rising Star, Legal 500, 2023
“She has a good grasp of scientific and statistical concepts. She gets on well with clients and witnesses.”
Rising Star, Legal 500, 2022
“An up-and-coming junior in the product liability field.”
Rising Star, Legal 500, 2021