Health & Safety
While a pupil to Mike Atkins, Juliet gained experience of a variety of Health & Safety and regulatory work.
In particular, Juliet assisted John Cooper QC and Mike Atkins in defending Electricity North West Limited against a prosecution brought by the Health and Safety Executive relating to the company’s practice, policies and training for work at height.
She has also assisted with matters including:
- A trial of a prosecution brought by the Health and Safety Executive against a local authority managed cycling facility, relating to an alleged failure to safely manage renovation works while children used the track;
- A trial of a prosecution brought by the Health and Safety Executive against an engineering firm, in relation to their procedures for work at height;
- Preparation for the sentencing hearing of a construction machinery company, who had pleaded guilty to breaching Section 2(1) and Section 3(1) of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, where the sentence was to be determined by reference to the 2016 Sentencing Guidelines.
- Research and case preparation in relation to a prospective prosecution by the Care Quality Commission against a care home.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Queen Mother Scholar, Middle Temple (2015)
- Astbury Scholar, Middle Temple (2014)
- Proxime accessit, Final Examinations, Medicine, University of Oxford (2010)
- Excellence in Leadership Award, London Medical Deanery (2011)
- Wellcome Trust Elective Research Prize (2010)
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists Elective Research Award (2010)
- Undergraduate academic scholarship, University of Oxford (2005)
- Crown Office Chambers feature in three of The Lawyers Top 20 cases of 2019
- Settlement in JR v Sheffield Hospitals: Roberts v Johnstone remains in suspended animation
- Appealing findings made by the TCC: guidance from the Court of Appeal
- High value interim payment applications with a negative discount rate
- BPTC, City University (2016)
- GDL (Distinction), City University (2015)
- Part 1 Membership Examination, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (2011)
- Medicine BM BCh (Distinction), University of Oxford (2010)
- Medical Sciences MA (First Class), University of Oxford (2007)
- Personal Injury Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association