Construction & Engineering
Juliet has experience of construction disputes, including those arising from issues of design, delay and breach of regulations, and experience of a variety of standard form contracts including NEC, ACE and CPA. She welcomes instructions on behalf of and against construction professionals.
She was recently instructed as sole counsel in a claim valued at £1.25 million against a leading structural and civil engineering consultancy and a construction firm. The claim concerning a London property which sustained significant structural damage during basement construction works.
Juliet is currently instructed in several actions against construction firms in relation to large scale works to residential properties, and in relation to inappropriate installation of cavity wall insulation.
As a pupil, Juliet assisted Crispin Winser in a claim concerning the Party Wall etc. Act 1996 relating to a long-running basement construction dispute, which was complicated by allegations of fraud and collusion with the third surveyor.
Juliet is a member of the Society of Construction Law and TECBAR, and recently marshalled with Mr Justice Waksman at the TCC.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Queen Mother’s Scholarship, Middle Temple, 2015
- Prize winner, Marion Simmons QC Essay Competition, Association of Regulatory & Disciplinary Lawyers, 2015
- Astbury Scholarship, Middle Temple, 2014
- Highest ranked novice debating pair (team and individual speaker scores) at the Inner Temple IV Moot, 2014
- Excellence in Leadership Award, London Medical Deanery, 2011
- Proxime accessit, Final Medical Examinations, University of Oxford, 2010
- Undergraduate Academic Scholarship, Hertford College, University of Oxford, 2005-07
- Crown Office Chambers feature in three of The Lawyer’s Top 20 cases of 2019
- Settlement in JR v Sheffield Hospitals: Roberts v Johnstone remains in suspended animation
- Appealing findings made by the TCC: guidance from the Court of Appeal
- High value interim payment applications with a negative discount rate
- BPTC, City University (2016)
- GDL (Distinction), City University (2015)
- Part 1 Membership Examination, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (2011)
- Medicine BM BCh (Distinction), University of Oxford (2010)
- Medical Sciences MA (First Class), University of Oxford (2007)