Juliet has experience of a wide range of commercial disputes including those relating to the sale of goods, the supply of services and credit hire. She welcomes instructions to advise and to draft pleadings across all areas of commercial law.
She was recently instructed on behalf of an agricultural contractor, in relation to a high value claim for crop yield losses after alleged defective fertiliser application.
- Acted for a chartered professional body in relation a claim for alleged outstanding cancellation charges arising from a contract for the provision of professional services. Settlement was achieved pre-action at a round table meeting.
- Settled Particulars of Claim on behalf of an agricultural contractor in relation to a high value claim for crop yield losses after alleged defective fertiliser application.
- Advised in relation to contribution proceedings arising from an incident in which extensive damage was caused by construction plant falling onto the roof of a commercial property. The claim turned on a dispute as to the allocation of risk under a contract on Construction Plant Hire Association (CPA) conditions, where the incident occurred prior the commencement of the stipulated hire period.
- Settled a Defence and Counterclaim for a national provider of financial products in relation to a series of service contracts. The dispute engaged issues incorporation, misrepresentation and estoppel by representation.
- Settled a Particulars of Claim on behalf of a commercial livestock farmer in relation to the supply of defective animal semen, in which considerable consequential loss was claimed.
- Queen Mother’s Scholarship, Middle Temple, 2015
- Prize winner, Marion Simmons QC Essay Competition, Association of Regulatory & Disciplinary Lawyers, 2015
- Astbury Scholarship, Middle Temple, 2014
- Highest ranked novice debating pair (team and individual speaker scores) at the Inner Temple IV Moot, 2014
- Excellence in Leadership Award, London Medical Deanery, 2011
- Proxime accessit, Final Medical Examinations, University of Oxford, 2010
- Undergraduate Academic Scholarship, Hertford College, University of Oxford, 2005-07
- Crown Office Chambers feature in three of The Lawyers Top 20 cases of 2019
- Settlement in JR v Sheffield Hospitals: Roberts v Johnstone remains in suspended animation
- Appealing findings made by the TCC: guidance from the Court of Appeal
- High value interim payment applications with a negative discount rate
- BPTC, City University (2016)
- GDL (Distinction), City University (2015)
- Part 1 Membership Examination, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (2011)
- Medicine BM BCh (Distinction), University of Oxford (2010)
- Medical Sciences MA (First Class), University of Oxford (2007)