As a former practising doctor, Juliet has a particular interest in Clinical Negligence. She welcomes instructions from both Claimants and Defendants to draft pleadings, provide advice and to appear at hearings.
As a pupil, Juliet assisted Alexander Antelme QC who was acting for the defendant Trust in XYZ v Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust  EWHC 2687 (QB), which related to the clinical management of a child who had suffered significant brain damage as a result of meningitis. After a two week trial, the claim was dismissed.
Juliet is skilled at analysing medical records, confident when discussing clinical conduct with experts and benefits from personal knowledge of the realities of working in hospitals and primary care. Further, having conducted medical research both in the UK and abroad, she is adept at critical analysis of scientific and epidemiological studies.
Her clinical experience includes Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Accident and Emergency, Urological Surgery, Endocrinology (incl. Diabetes) and General Medicine but her interest in clinical negligence spans all fields
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Queen Mother Scholar, Middle Temple (2015)
- Astbury Scholar, Middle Temple (2014)
- Proxime accessit, Final Examinations, Medicine, University of Oxford (2010)
- Excellence in Leadership Award, London Medical Deanery (2011)
- Wellcome Trust Elective Research Prize (2010)
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists Elective Research Award (2010)
- Undergraduate academic scholarship, University of Oxford (2005)
- Crown Office Chambers feature in three of The Lawyers Top 20 cases of 2019
- Settlement in JR v Sheffield Hospitals: Roberts v Johnstone remains in suspended animation
- Appealing findings made by the TCC: guidance from the Court of Appeal
- High value interim payment applications with a negative discount rate
- BPTC, City University (2016)
- GDL (Distinction), City University (2015)
- Part 1 Membership Examination, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (2011)
- Medicine BM BCh (Distinction), University of Oxford (2010)
- Medical Sciences MA (First Class), University of Oxford (2007)
- Personal Injury Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association