Julian has extensive experience acting on behalf of those who have suffered loss as a result of commercial fraud. In 2018 he represented investors in a successful settlement of their claim against an international firm of lawyers, whose rogue partner had been involved in a Ponzi scheme.
- Aziz v Euro-Am – £4.5m fraud on member of Malaysian Royal Family; worldwide injunction; tracing of assets within jurisdiction and abroad.
- Jamin v Snelgar – £850,000 fraud by accountant on his client; worldwide injunction; applications to commit for contempt of court.
- Council of Licensed Conveyancers v Atkins – Fraud by Licensed Conveyancer on his clients; £1m worldwide injunction; tracing of assets.
- State Bank of South Australia v Quercus – Insurance brokers’ fraud; £1.6m injunction.
- Prezzo v High Point Estates – the extent of the principle in Berni Inns
- Julian Field successful in recent TCC decision
- ADR Registered Mediator
- CEDR Registered Mediator
- LLB, King’s College London
- Commercial Bar Association
- London Common Law & Commercial Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Technology & Construction Bar Association
“A fighter who works hard for his clients.”
Chambers & Partners, 2022
“Extremely knowledgeable, charming and commercially-minded – a real pleasure to work with and very popular with clients.”
Legal 500, 2022
“He’s an incisive, practical senior junior who offers commercial advice.”
Chambers & Partners, 2021
“He is thoughtful and cerebral and great on the details. He’s very good at managing several cases at a time without overstretching himself.”; “He has an excellent manner and grasp of the subject matter.”
Chambers & Partners, 2021
“Provides thorough, clear, advice, which allows an accurate assessment of the litigation risks of a particular case. He also provides commercial, pragmatic advice, which leads clients to the ends they wish to achieve.”
Legal 500, 2021
“He is considered, thoughtful and always has command of the key points in a case.”; “A senior junior who is approachable, hard-working and a pleasure to work with.”; “If you have a really knotty legal problem he’s a great person to go to.”
Chambers & Partners, 2020
“Has sound tactical judgement as a result of a wealth of experience.”
Legal 500, 2019
“Extremely experienced…very reliable, thorough and easy to work with.”
Chambers & Partners UK Bar 2019
“He is very good at analysing the actual issues in a case and focusing on them.”
Chambers & Partners UK Bar 2018
Legal 500, 2017
“An insightful senior junior, who is as good as a silk”
Legal 500, 2016
“He misses no detail and is very to the point and focused”
Chambers and Partners UK Bar 2016