Josh has a broad personal injury practice. His recent instructions include:
- Successfully defended a public liability claim at trial relating to an accident in a pharmacy;
- Advised a company as to the merits of its defence to an employer’s liability claim against it relating to allegedly defective machinery and successfully defended the claim at trial. The case involved (amongst others) the issue of whether the employee had been acting in the course of employment;
- Settled a Defence to a claim under the Defective Premises Act 1972 and successfully defended the claim at trial;
- Settling a Defence to an Occupiers’ Liability claim;
- Settling a Defence to claims under the Animals’ Act 1971;
- Settling a Defence to a claim concerning an accident at work;
- Advising on quantum in a substantial general damages claim;
- Advising on quantum for the purposes of infant approval settlements.
Selected CasesView full profile »
Winner of the Times Law Awards (2016)
Winner of the Maitland Advocacy Prize (2015)
Gray’s Inn (2016): Bedingfield Scholarship.
Gray’s Inn (2015): CPE/GDL Award.
City Law School (2015): GDL Scholarship.
- An Exercise in Utility: Liquidators Adjudicating Construction Disputes
- Extensions of time and adjournment during COVID-19: Muncipio De Mariana & Ors v BHP Group Plc and BHP Group Ltd  EWHC 928 (TCC) (20 April 2020)
Bar Professional Training Course (2016-2017): City Law School
Graduate Diploma in Law (2015-2016): City Law School
MPhil, Merton College, University of Oxford (2013-2015)
BA (Hons), Merton College, University of Oxford (2010-2013), First Class