Josh has a broad personal injury practice. His recent instructions include:
- Advised a company as to the merits of its defence to an employer’s liability claim against it relating to allegedly defective machinery and successfully defended the claim at trial. The case involved (amongst others) the issue of whether the employee had been acting in the course of employment.
- Settling a Defence to an Occupiers’ Liability claim;
- Settling a Defence to claims under the Animals’ Act 1971;
- Settling a Defence to a claim concerning an accident at work;
- Advising on quantum in a substantial general damages claim;
- Advising on quantum for the purposes of infant approval settlements.
Selected CasesView full profile »
Winner of the Times Law Awards (2016): First Prize Essay on “Does Europe need a new legal framework to tackle the crisis of mass migration?”
Winner of the Maitland Advocacy Prize (2015), contesting the matter of European Ventures LLP & others v Cedar Capital Partners LLC  UKSC 45.
Gray’s Inn (2016): Bedingfield Scholarship.
Gray’s Inn (2015): CPE/GDL Award.
City Law School (2015): GDL Scholarship.
Bar Professional Training Course (2016-2017): City Law School
Graduate Diploma in Law (2015-2016): City Law School
MPhil, Merton College, University of Oxford (2013-2015)
BA (Hons), Merton College, University of Oxford (2010-2013), First Class