Jack has a busy defendant personal injury practice, encompassing both casualty and industrial disease claims. He regularly drafts pleadings, provides advice on liability and quantum, and undertakes settlement negotiations in cases ranging in value from £50,000 to c.£500,000.
Recent selected work includes:
- Advising on both liability and expert evidence in an occupational asthma claim pleaded in the region of £400,000, involving a novel mode of alleged exposure (a domestic battery), and raising fundamental questions of foreseeability and remoteness. At the CCMC Jack successfully persuaded the court to order a split trial and grant permission for expert engineering and occupational hygiene evidence. This evidence subsequently led to Claimant discontinuing the claim.
- A chronic pain syndrome case valued in excess of £400,000, which Jack was able to compromise for a global figure less than £150,000.
- Successfully defending a Noise Induced Hearing Loss claim on limitation grounds, despite the defendant not having advanced any positive evidence of forensic prejudice. HHJ Vosper QC found that information elicited from the claimant in cross examination was sufficient evidence of the prejudice faced by the Defendant,
His cases regularly involve three or more disciplines of expert medical evidence, or claimants with complex pre-existing medical conditions. Several of his more recent cases have involved occupational stress and psychiatric injury.
Jack also accepts instructions on behalf of Claimants.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Criminal Regulatory & Environmental Manchester Drinks Party
- Jack Murphy successfully acted on behalf of the family at an Inquest
- Lincoln’s Inn Denning, Bowen & Hardwicke Scholarships
- BPTC, City Law School
- GDL, City University
- BA Hons (Oxon)