Jack undertakes commercial work across Chambers’ areas of expertise. He has provided advice and drafted pleadings in relation to cases involving general contractual disputes, non-payment of commercial debts, and the enforceability of ADR clauses.
Jack has extensive experience of credit hire disputes (acting exclusively for defendants), including high value claims of up to £40,000. He has been successful in defeating claims on the basis of enforceability and need. He also has significant experience of claims focused on the link between period of hire and impecuniosity, and has successfully reduced claims advancing arguments following the cases of Opoku v Tintas and Zurich v Umerji.
Recent work has included:
- Advising a large car dealership on the validity of property damage indemnity clauses in a contract with a sub-contractor.
- Advising a nationwide estate agents firm on the applicability of punitive damages for failure to protect deposits.
- Recovering unpaid commission on behalf of a large London firm of estate agents.
- Advising solicitors on the recoverability costs incurred in obtaining a charge pursuant to s.73 of the Solicitors Act 1974 over a property as part of that charge.
- Criminal Regulatory & Environmental Manchester Drinks Party
- Jack Murphy successfully acted on behalf of the family at an Inquest
- Lincoln’s Inn Denning, Bowen & Hardwicke Scholarships
- BPTC, City Law School
- GDL, City University
- BA Hons (Oxon)