Construction & Engineering
Jack’s experience includes:
- Party wall disputes, including the appeal of a party wall surveyor’s award.
- Cases of defective workmanship by building contractors and sub-contractors.
- Cases at the intersection of construction law and insurance/personal injury law, such as claims for indemnities from other contractors/sub-contractors following site accidents.
- Pro bono representation of a retired claimant whose investment property required substantial repair work following a hopelessly negligent attempt at a loft conversion.
- Successfully representing a claimant roofing company in a claim for unpaid fees that was defended on the basis that the debt had been settled by the provision of free curry.
Jack contributes to Emden’s Construction Law.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Jack Macaulay considers 2 new high court authorities that demonstrate the willingness of the courts to dismiss personal injury claims
- Jack Macaulay successfully defeats novel limitation argument
- Jack Macaulay secures exceptions to the QOCS regime
- LLB, Law with European Legal Studies (First Class) King’s College London, 2003-7
- ERASMUS year at Uppsala University, Sweden, 2005-6
- LLM (Cantab) 2007-8
- BVC (Very Competent) BPP London, 2008-9
- Lord Denning Scholar, Lincoln’s Inn
- Languages: French (Intermediate), Swedish (Basic)