Much of Jack’s work is based, at heart, on an understanding of the underlying contractual and commercial principles governing these relationships. In addition to that, Jack’s experience encompasses:
- Disputes in relation to financing agreements, for example an multi-million pound dispute over the provision of finance to enable the purchase of domestic solar panels (junior to Ben Quiney QC).
- Disputes concerning the payment of commission to estate agents.
- Individual and corporate insolvency cases for creditors and debtors.
- Cases giving rise to private international law issues, including:
- representing buyers of land situated in The Gambia in a dispute against the sellers; and,
- advising a shipping company in a dispute arising out of the import of instant noodles into Scotland.
- Advising victims of online fraud in relation to the purchase of iPads.
- Successfully representing a claimant roofing company in a claim for unpaid fees that was defended on the basis that the debt had been settled by the provision of free curry.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Jack Macaulay considers 2 new high court authorities that demonstrate the willingness of the courts to dismiss personal injury claims
- Jack Macaulay successfully defeats novel limitation argument
- Jack Macaulay secures exceptions to the QOCS regime
- LLB, Law with European Legal Studies (First Class) King’s College London, 2003-7
- ERASMUS year at Uppsala University, Sweden, 2005-6
- LLM (Cantab) 2007-8
- BVC (Very Competent) BPP London, 2008-9
Lord Denning Scholar, Lincoln’s Inn
Languages: French (Intermediate), Swedish (Basic)