Much of Jack’s work is based, at heart, on an understanding of the underlying contractual, tortious, and commercial principles governing the relationships between the parties. This enables him to provide rigorous and commercially realistic advice. Jack’s particular experience includes:
- Disputes in relation to financing agreements, for example a multi-million pound dispute over the provision of finance to enable the purchase of domestic solar panels (junior to Ben Quiney QC).
- Disputes concerning the payment of commission to estate agents.
- Individual and corporate insolvency cases for creditors and debtors.
- Cases giving rise to private international law issues, including:
- representing buyers of land situated in The Gambia in a dispute against the sellers; and,
- advising a shipping company in a dispute arising out of the import of instant noodles into Scotland.
- Advising victims of online fraud in relation to the purchase of iPads.
- Successfully representing a claimant roofing company in a claim for unpaid fees that was defended on the basis that the debt had been settled by the provision of free curry.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Case insight on Patel: fundamental dishonesty and section 57
- Jack Macaulay considers 2 new high court authorities that demonstrate the willingness of the courts to dismiss personal injury claims
- Jack Macaulay successfully defeats novel limitation argument
- Jack Macaulay secures exceptions to the QOCS regime
- LLB, Law with European Legal Studies (First Class) King’s College London, 2003-7
- ERASMUS year at Uppsala University, Sweden, 2005-6
- LLM (Cantab) 2007-8
- BVC (Very Competent) BPP London, 2008-9
Lord Denning Scholar, Lincoln’s Inn
Languages: French (intermediate), Spanish (improving), Swedish (basic)