Most of Jack’s construction law and property damage work is based, at heart, on an understanding of the underlying contractual and commercial principles governing these relationships. In addition to that, Jack’s experience encompasses:
- Disputes concerning the payment of commission to estate agents.
- Individual and corporate insolvency cases for creditors and debtors.
- Cases giving rise to private international law issues, including:
- Representing buyers of land situated in The Gambia in a dispute against the sellers;
- Advising a shipping company in a dispute arising out of the import of instant noodles into Scotland; and,
- Advising victims of online fraud in relation to the purchase of iPads.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Jack Macaulay considers 2 new high court authorities that demonstrate the willingness of the courts to dismiss personal injury claims
- Jack Macaulay successfully defeats novel limitation argument
- Jack Macaulay secures exceptions to the QOCS regime
- LLB, Law with European Legal Studies (First Class) King’s College London, 2003-7
- ERASMUS year at Uppsala University, Sweden, 2005-6
- LLM (Cantab) 2007-8
- BVC (Very Competent) BPP London, 2008-9
- Lord Denning Scholar, Lincoln’s Inn
- Languages: French (Intermediate), Swedish (Basic)