Isabel Hitching specialises in the commercial, construction and engineering, insurance, professional negligence and property damage fields.
She undertakes frequent trial work in the High Court, and regularly appears in the Court of Appeal. She is also instructed in adjudications and arbitrations.
With her academic background as a lecturer at Christ Church, Oxford, Isabel is frequently instructed in cases raising novel or complex points of law. She has been involved in a number of test cases at first instance as well as hearings in the House of Lords, Supreme Court and European Court of Justice.
She is also a member of the Attorney General’s Treasury Panel advising and acting for the government in a range of disputes up to £100m.
Isabel is known for her commercial and practical approach, assisting clients in mediations and negotiations. She also undertakes non-contentious work, advising on and drafting agreements.View full profile »
- Isabel Hitching, led by Anneliese Day QC, wins for Highways England in M25 dispute
- Isabel Hitching is speaking at the Fixed Recoverable Costs Review Seminar
- Lord Justice Sachs Scholarship, Middle Temple
- Queen Mother Scholarship, Middle Temple
- BCL, Christ Church, Oxford
- MA (First Class), Christ Church, Oxford
- Attorney General’s Treasury Panel
- Bar Standards Board Equality & Diversity Committee (Past member)
- Bar Standards Board Qualifications Committee (Past Vice-chair)
- Commercial Bar Association
- London Common Law & Commercial Bar Association
- Society of Construction Law (Past committee member)
- Technology & Construction Bar Association (Past committee member)
- Joint editor of Emden’s Construction Law
“A first-class senior junior and a superb tactician, who is masterly with the game plan.”
(Legal 500 2017)
“A highly intelligent and practical barrister.”
(Chambers & Partners 2015)