- Adjudicator in £700k claim by employer arising out of defective lift installations in prestige high-rise blocks.
- Adjudicator in £3 million claim by contractor against employer arising out of construction of major gas pipeline.
- Adjudicator in £6million claim by specialist tunnelling contractor against main contractor arising out of ground conditions during tunnel construction under major river.
- Adjudicator in claim arising out interpretation of payment and repairing obligations under 30 year Local Investment Finance Trust (PFI type) agreement
- Appointed by a professional body as legal expert to interpret contractual provisions in dispute between employer and contractor over failure of £8 million incineration plant to achieve contractual throughput.
- Appointed by agreement of the parties to determine dispute between contractor and employer in respect of design obligations under NEC Contract with Contractor Design Portion for the design and construction of buildings which incorporated complex cable structures.
- Mediator in dispute involving 6 parties in £800,000+ claim by employer arising out of design and construction of flagship retail store.
- Mediator in dispute between contractor and M+E subcontractor
- Mediator in £150k dispute between 4 parties over design and construction of foundations for major terrace of domestic properties.
- Mediator in 3 party dispute over conversion of a domestic property for use by disabled persons.
- Mediator in claim against designer and contractor over fitting-out of a restaurant.
- Mediator in boundary dispute between developer and private landowner.
- Mediator in complaint against Metropolitan Police involving alleged assault & wrongful arrest.
- Mediator in dispute over alleged sexual harassment by bank employee against customer.
- Counsel for property owner in £1.2 million claim against D+B contractor.
- Counsel for architect in 3 party mediation over defective waterproofing of warehouse.
- Counsel in mediation of £4m claim involving failure of pavement in container terminal.
- Counsel or legal adviser in various mediations arising out of defective building or M&E works.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- DIC, Imperial College, University of London (1975)
- MSc, Imperial College, University of London (1975)
- BSc (Hons), University of Manchester (1969)
- Institution of Civil Engineers
- Institution of Structural Engineers
“Very knowledgeable, responsive and expresses himself well.”
Legal 500 2014
“Impressive in dealing with tricky problems in a calm, measured and most helpful way.”
Legal 500 2014
“A great guy whose mastery of detail reflects his engineering background.”
Legal 500 2013
“An excellent strategist.”
Legal 500 2012