Inquests & Public Inquiries
Helen has extensive experience of inquests across the country. Helen represents both families and interested parties. Helen has a busy inquest practice and represents clients at both Pre-Inquest Reviews and also Inquests. She is regularly instructed by clients prior to an inquest to advise on disclosure of evidence and other procedural matters.
Recent inquests Helen has been involved in:
Road Traffic Accidents
- Helen has particular experience of cases involving road traffic accidents involving motorcyclists and has represented both families and insurers.
- Helen has also been involved in several cases involving lorry drivers and pedestrians, again for both families and insurers.
Helen is regularly instructed by national care home providers, both nursing and residential, and has particular experience of cases where neglect is alleged. Recent issues that have arisen in inquests Helen has been involved include:
- Failure to perform CPR owing to an incorrect reading of the resident’s file and an incorrect belief a DNR was in place.
- Several cases involving falls and falls management.
- Failure to prevent and treat pressure sores.
- Failure of medical equipment
- Incorrect administration of medication
Hospitals and Medical Care
Helen has extensive experience of inquests where failings in medical care and treatment are alleged. Recent issues that have arisen in inquests Helen has been involved include:
- Failure to treat wounds
- Failure to identity and treat sepsis
- Failure to diagnose fractures and discharging patients without treatment
Helen is also instructed by other organisations, including charities providing educational and institutional care. Recent issues that have arisen in inquests Helen has been involved include:
- Allegations of neglect and sexual abuse
- Failing to provide adequate nutrition
- Failing to administer medication correctly
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Chambers are delighted to announce that Helen Pagett has been appointed as a Deputy District Judge. Helen has been appointed to the South Eastern Circuit
- Helen Pagett successfully defends NHS Commissioning Board
- 2007 – 2008 – BVC (Very Competent) Inner Temple Exhibition
- 2006 – 2007 – GDL (Commendation)
- 2005 – 2006 – Probationary Research Student (History of Medicine) University of Oxford Thomas Linacre Studentship
- 2004 – 2005 – MA Philosophy (HPSM) (Distinction) (Dunelm) MA Wellcome Trust Studentship
- 2001 – 2004 – BSc (Hons) Natural Sciences (1st Class) (Dunelm)
Member of PIBA