Helen represents both Claimants and Defendants in NIHL claims, stress at work, HAVS, dermatitis and asbestos related injuries. She is instructed by insurers, the NHS and Care Home providers. She regularly appears in the County and High Court in interlocutory matters, CCMCs and final trial. She is regularly asked to advise on prospects of success and also quantum. She has successfully run limitation defences at trial and also allegations of fundamental dishonesty.
Examples of cases Helen has recently been involved in:
Stuart Bonshor v Walkers Tyres Services Ltd (Claim No: E32YJ875 – Nottingham CC, HHJ Hedley, 13 December 2019) – Successfully defend NIHL claims based on lack of medical causation. Issues included the amount of assistance a court requires in interpreting the Cole’s Guidelines from experts.
DT v A (2020) – Successfully obtained a settlement for the Claimant in a claim arising for stress at work and harassment and bullying
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Helen Pagett has been appointed as a Deputy District Judge
- Helen Pagett successfully defends NHS Commissioning Board
- BVC (Very Competent) Inner Temple Exhibition (2007-2008)
- GDL (Commendation) (2006-2007)
- Probationary Research Student (History of Medicine) University of Oxford Thomas Linacre Studentship (2005-2006)
- MA Philosophy (HPSM) (Distinction) (Dunelm) MA Wellcome Trust Studentship (2004-2005)
- BSc (Hons) Natural Sciences (1st Class) (Dunelm) (2001-2004)