Inquests & Public Inquiries
Harry sits as an Assistant Coroner in Inner London North covering Camden, Islington, Tower Hamlets and Hackney.
As counsel he has considerable experience of the coronial jurisdiction and attends inquests nationwide.
For example, Harry recently acted for a world leading electronics manufacturer, following a residential fire started in or around the printed circuit board of a television. Both the family of the deceased and the Fire Brigade had suggested that Harry’s client had manufactured the television involved in the fire. Harry however successfully argued that the identity of the manufacturer and/or precise mechanism of failure were out of scope or alternatively insufficiently evidenced Harry’s client was not mentioned in either the Inquest Conclusion or Inquisition.
Another recent example includes attending a 4 day inquest on behalf of a leading Healthcare Equipment company, instructed by Simmons & Simmons. Despite extensive criticisms by the CQC at the outset of the coronial proceedings, Harry’s client was absolved of all and any blame.
Other examples of his inquest work include:
- A high profile inquest, which has attracted national media attention, in which a residential flat was destroyed in a fire allegedly started by a faulty electronic device.
- Appearing on behalf of two intensive care nurses whose care had been called into question.
- Road Traffic Collision Inquest involving a bus at a known accident ‘hotspot’.
- Inquests in the setting of nursing/care homes.
- Representing a major broadcasting corporation in the face of allegations of workplace bullying.
- Representing the family, in the case of Ayannuga, a CPA case on causation involving death and catastrophic injury  EWHC 590 QB.
Harry also has neighbouring experience in the regulatory context, having acted in numerous cases in the Health Professions and Nursing & Midwifery Councils.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Harry Lambert appointed Assistant Coroner
- Harry Lambert successfully defends Gas Company in explosion case
- MA, Corpus Christi College, University of Cambridge
- LLB, College of Law, Bloomsbury
- Pan European Organisation of Personal Injury Lawyers
“He is extremely sharp and tactical.”
Chambers & Partners, 2022
“An excellent barrister. Harry is able to rapidly identify the key issues in complex cases. He is also a highly effective cross-examiner.”
Legal 500, 2022
“Very bright and capable of presenting and dealing with the most complicated issues and cases.”
Legal 500, 2021
“Very hard-working, reliable and efficient. He’s passionate and completes work enthusiastically and to a very high standard.”; “He’s very diligent and a very good advocate.”
Chambers & Partners, 2021
“Impresses with his intelligence, enthusiasm, diligence and manner.”
Legal 500, 2021
“He has been excellent in a number of cases. His drive and general enthusiasm is infectious.”
Chambers & Partners, 2020
“Harry fights his corner hard.” “He is at his best when handling cases with complex and novel legal issues.”
Chambers & Partners, 2018
“His depth of PI knowledge is exceptional and he is especially helpful on quantum… A thorough, hard-working barrister”
Legal 500, 2018
“He is an all-rounder, who is superb at whatever he turns his hand to.”
Legal 500, 2017
“He has a razor-sharp intellect.”
Legal 500, 2017
“A rising star of the product liability Bar who has already earned himself prominent admirers among his peers.”
Chambers & Partners, 2016
“A very detailed and focused counsel, who never misses a trick.”
Legal 500, 2015