Gemma is instructed in all forms of occupational and environmental disease litigation, in particular claims involving exposure to asbestos, industrial solvents, dermatitis and asthma claims, noise-induced hearing loss and vibration white finger, cancers, carbon monoxide exposure, back injuries, upper limb disorders, carpal tunnel syndrome and hand arm vibration syndrome.
- Acted for a large university’s Defendant’s insurers in defending claims of asbestosis which occurred during the construction of a science block in the 1980’s.
- Acted for a Defendant in respect of a claim alleging occupationally induced asthma arising out of alleged exposure to dust in dockyards in the 1960’s.
- Acted for a Defendant employer in respect of NIHL claim on a construction site in the 1990’s.
- Successfully defended a claim for HAVS brought by a mechanic against a former employer in respect of work on large machinery.
- Successfully defended a claim brought against the local council in respect of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- BA (Hons)
- BVC: Very competent
- Inner Temple Exhibition Award 2007-2008
- Streuben Benefactor Award 2007- 2008
- The Honourable Society of Inner Temple
- Personal Injury Bar Association
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
”A thorough and balanced barrister who maintains a calm presence and ensures all angles are thoroughly explored.”
“Her drafting style is clear and persuasive. She is very personable and easy to work with. She is excellent at responding quickly to enquiries. She has a good rapport with clients and is not afraid to take on difficult cases.”
“She has the knowledge and experience of breaking down complex legal and factual issues.”
“Her attention to detail is exceptional.”
“She is a rising star and a real fighter.”
“She is a real fighter and an astute thinker”.
“Very good at giving direct, sensible and pragmatic advice”.
“She is a very determined advocate and really fights her client’s corner”.