Frederick’s professional liability practice spans all levels from low-value claims to multi-million pound allegations of negligent tax planning advice over a number of years (The Ingenious Litigation, in which Frederick is led by Ben Quiney QC and Carlo Taczalski). Frederick also has experience of defending mis-guided claims where there is in reality no professional liability.
- Drafting pleadings advancing and denying allegations of negligence against a wide range of construction professionals including architects, surveyors, civil engineers and lighting designers.
- Advising and drafting pleadings in claims alleging professional liability on the part of lettings agents.
- Carlo Taczalski and Frederick Simpson are successful in the Court of Appeal Cross-undertakings have little place in the security for costs regime – Case note
- Covid-19: Business Interruption insurance, an FCA class action, and the long-tail risks to insurance brokers
- Carlo Taczalski and Frederick Simpson are successful in the Court of Appeal as it holds that cross-undertakings have little place in the security for costs regime
- Kim Franklin QC and Frederick Simpson participated in “International Arbitration: Virtual Hearing Workshop”
- BPTC (University of Law)
- GDL (University of Law)
- Lord Denning Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Debating Shield, Lincoln’s Inn
- Lord Brougham Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- ‘Best Junior Officer’ Sword, Irish Guards
- Royal Military Academy Sandhurst – Commissioning Course
- MA Philosophy (Cantab)
- Academic Scholar, Christ’s College Cambridge