Frederick is regularly instructed by claimants and defendants to provide advice and representation in data protection claims involving alleged breaches of the UK GDPR, the Data Protection Act 2018 and the Data Protection Act 1998 together with common law causes of action.
- Representing the defendant undertaker in a claim for wrongful release of a client’s address.
- Advising and representing the defendant GP practice in a claim for wrongful release of a patient’s medical records to the police.
- Advising a group of claimants on a claim against a financial institution for failure to respond to a subject access request.
Frederick has a wide product liability practice covering a diverse range of sectors from horse bits to car cleaning products. He has experience of claims in respect of defective products and the operation of the Sale of Goods Act 1979, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and the Consumer Protection Act 1987. He is familiar with the issues presented by parties located overseas, both within and outside of the EU.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Crown Office Chambers features in The Lawyer’s Top 20 Cases of this year
- Carlo Taczalski and Frederick Simpson are successful in the Court of Appeal as it holds that cross-undertakings have little place in the security for costs regime
- Carlo Taczalski and Frederick Simpson are successful in the Court of Appeal Cross-undertakings have little place in the security for costs regime
- Covid-19: Business Interruption insurance, an FCA class action, and the long-tail risks to insurance brokers
- MA Philosophy (Cantab)
- GDL, BPTC (University of Law)
- Academic Scholar, Christ’s College Cambridge
- ‘Best Junior Officer’ Sword, Irish Guards
- Lord Brougham Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Debating Shield, Lincoln’s Inn
- Lord Denning Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn