Elizabeth’s practice continues to develop in professional negligence, particularly against a commercial and construction background. Elizabeth continues to be instructed in increasing value professional negligence claims and has recently advised on claims relating to alleged negligence by insurance brokers concerning material non-disclosure, solicitors in relation to conveyancing transactions, and chartered surveyors involving valuation practices, as well as various members of the construction industry.
- Acting for architect involving allegations of a failure to supervise and inappropriate certification of works under the JCT contract.
- Numerous instructions from nationwide chartered surveying firms, ranging from representation at trial involving the usual issues of valuation and mortgage lending practises, to preliminary issues as to the validity of mortgage sale agreements.
- Acting for NHS in claim for against a dentist seeking to recover monies paid under a dental services contract in respect of inappropriately claimed units of dental activity.
- Acting for company director in claim against accountant in relation to negligently prepared yearly accounts and tax returns resulting in substantial interest and penalties being due to HMRC.
- Acting for solicitor, arising out of allegedly negligent conveyancing transaction where the two copies of the contract of sale were different, and the purchaser subsequently relied on one of them.
- Worked as the junior on a £7 million claim concerning alleged professional negligence by contractors that led to a large fire in a local authority timber-framed building.
- Continued success for Crown Office Chambers in Chambers UK 2015 Directory
- John Cooper QC and Elizabeth Boon successfully defend Red Industries at Stafford Crown Court
- Major Scholarship, Inner Temple
- BA (Hons) (Oxon)
- Adjudication Society
- Commercial Bar Association
- LCIA Young International Arbitration Group
- London Common Law & Commercial Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Society of Construction Law (UK & Gulf)
- Technology & Construction Court Bar Association
“Her attention to detail is impressive; she turns things around quickly, and she really rolls her sleeves up and gets involved.”
Chambers & Partners 2017
“She is brilliant on the detail, very team-friendly and very accommodating of the client’s wishes.”
Chambers & Partners 2016
Legal 500 2016
“She’s a very good, younger barrister who is professional, focused and driven.”
Chambers & Partners 2015
“A real rising star.”
Legal 500 2015