Elizabeth’s practice continues to develop in product liability, and frequently overlaps with her practice in construction, property damage, and professional negligence. Elizabeth has been instructed in a number of high value cases for high profile multinational companies including Siemens, Kubota and Indesit, often involving very complex forensic evidence and difficult questions of law.
- Acting for multinational company in $4m claim arising out of an allegedly defective boiler management unit, involving complex issues as to whether the product was defective at the time of delivery.
- Acting for multinational company in £6.5m claim arising out of defective automatic number plate recognition cameras, which were unable to recognise the third character on UK number plates.
- Acting for product importer in property damage claim arising out of a fire involving a ride-on lawn mower. As well as complex forensic evidence and arguments on causation, it involved issues regarding assignment.
- Acting for residential property owner in £1.1m property damage claim arising out of fire caused by an allegedly defective tumble dryer.
- Acting for commercial property owner in property damage claim arising out of a fire involving a water cooler, which suffered resistive heating at a poor electrical connection.
- Continued success for Crown Office Chambers in Chambers UK 2015 Directory
- John Cooper QC and Elizabeth Boon successfully defend Red Industries at Stafford Crown Court
- Major Scholarship, Inner Temple
- BA (Hons) (Oxon)
- Adjudication Society
- Commercial Bar Association
- LCIA Young International Arbitration Group
- London Common Law & Commercial Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Society of Construction Law (UK & Gulf)
- Technology & Construction Court Bar Association
“Her attention to detail is impressive; she turns things around quickly, and she really rolls her sleeves up and gets involved.”
Chambers & Partners 2017
“She is brilliant on the detail, very team-friendly and very accommodating of the client’s wishes.”
Chambers & Partners 2016
Legal 500 2016
“She’s a very good, younger barrister who is professional, focused and driven.”
Chambers & Partners 2015
“A real rising star.”
Legal 500 2015