Insurance & Reinsurance
Elizabeth has experience in insurance matters, including disputes concerning policy construction, non-disclosure, late / non-notification, fraudulent claims, and brokers duties. She is regularly instructed in relation to claims arising from fire and flood damage, and subsidence.
- Acting for insurers seeking to resist 197 claims by solicitors arising out of conveyancing transactions where the firm had failed to comply with their reporting obligations to the lender clients when fraud was suspected.
- Acting for insurers in a claim brought against a number of insurers arising out of the provision of legal expenses insurance.
- Acting for insurers in relation to a licensed premises policy and in particular whether an alleged assault incident was covered under the terms of the policy.
- Acting for insurers in relation to an allegedly fraudulent insurance claim brought by a husband and wife for fire damage, involving complicated questions of law regarding joint and composite policies.
- Continued success for Crown Office Chambers in Chambers UK 2015 Directory
- John Cooper QC and Elizabeth Boon successfully defend Red Industries at Stafford Crown Court
- Major Scholarship, Inner Temple
- BA (Hons) (Oxon)
- Adjudication Society
- Commercial Bar Association
- LCIA Young International Arbitration Group
- London Common Law & Commercial Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Society of Construction Law (UK & Gulf)
- Technology & Construction Court Bar Association
“Her attention to detail is impressive; she turns things around quickly, and she really rolls her sleeves up and gets involved.”
Chambers & Partners 2017
“She is brilliant on the detail, very team-friendly and very accommodating of the client’s wishes.”
Chambers & Partners 2016
Legal 500 2016
“She’s a very good, younger barrister who is professional, focused and driven.”
Chambers & Partners 2015
“A real rising star.”
Legal 500 2015