Construction & Engineering
Elizabeth’s experience ranges from acting both as a junior to other members of Chambers to acting in her own right in relation to construction and property damage claims. She is frequently instructed as junior counsel in multi-million pound claims in the TCC, and in addition to such work, Elizabeth advises on and appears at trial in her own right in smaller disputes, especially those relating to domestic construction and maintenance works. Elizabeth also acts for and advises adjudicating parties and appears in the TCC on enforcement proceedings.
- Acting for global logistics provider in relation to multi-million pound claim in the TCC arising out of fire damage to a large warehouse due to a defective sprinkler system (with Andrew Rigney QC).
- Acting for consortium in relation to defective design of earthworks by civil engineers resulting in delay and claims for costs of additional work and loss of profits (with Anna Laney).
- Acting for Total in relation to claims for commercial property damage and business interruption arising out of the explosion at the Buncefield Oil Storage Depot. in particular, a £80m claim brought by Keystone, the distributor for McDonald’s Restaurants in the UK (with Michael Harvey QC and Daniel Shapiro).
- Acting for residential owner who successfully recovered damages for a bespoke piling foundation scheme, arising out of property damage caused by a leaking water main.
- Acting for contractors facing a claim for flooding damage resulting from allegedly negligent repairs to a water tank.
- Acting for contractors facing a claim for business interruption resulting from damage to fibre optic cables.
- Continued success for Crown Office Chambers in Chambers UK 2015 Directory
- John Cooper QC and Elizabeth Boon successfully defend Red Industries at Stafford Crown Court
- Major Scholarship, Inner Temple
- BA (Hons) (Oxon)
- Adjudication Society
- Commercial Bar Association
- LCIA Young International Arbitration Group
- London Common Law & Commercial Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Society of Construction Law (UK & Gulf)
- Technology & Construction Court Bar Association
“Her attention to detail is impressive; she turns things around quickly, and she really rolls her sleeves up and gets involved.”
Chambers & Partners 2017
“She is brilliant on the detail, very team-friendly and very accommodating of the client’s wishes.”
Chambers & Partners 2016
Legal 500 2016
“She’s a very good, younger barrister who is professional, focused and driven.”
Chambers & Partners 2015
“A real rising star.”
Legal 500 2015